Want to Program A Robot? Now You Can.
Robotics is a fun and easy way to get started with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) subjects while learning programming, engineering, & design principles. This class will guide students through beginner projects, introducing new concepts and skills using a variety of different robotic platforms. At EV’s, we bring robotics engineering to the grade-school level.
Our application-based curriculum provides structure that encourages creative thinking and builds problem solving skills. Ev’s program prepares students to advance in their engineering studies such as computer science, computer engineering, robotics engineering, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering.
What is Robotics?
Robotics is the study of designing, building, controlling, and using robots. The field of robotics includes aspects of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science – used in order to construct and control robots using microcontrollers to perform and respond to instructions.
About Robotics Classes
In our robotics classes, students will work in small groups to conduct exercises and participate in friendly competitions. Each class will follow a project-based approach to learning. Once kids master the fundamentals, they will move on to advanced endeavors and projects, thus learning more advanced skills.
Each project involves a building and programming component. In the building component, students will design and construct a robot in order to perform tasks set by the instructor. In the programming component, students will program their robot to complete the challenge. The whole project is geared towards getting kids excited about learning computer programming & robotics engineering.
Arduino Robotics (Ages 12-16)
In this Arduino Robotics class, dive into programming and engineering using the Arduino microcontroller. Students will design their own electrical circuits and sensors, and program them using the Arduino IDE. Students will then learn how to take their circuits to the next level by building an Arduino vehicle from a provided kit and the Arduino microcontroller. Using the Arduino IDE, students will then code in the C and C++ programming languages in order to control their robot.
Core Concepts Taught in Robotics Class
- Computer programming logic
- Reasoning Skills
- Engineering & Design Process
- Team Building & Problem Solving Strategies
What Students Learn
• Learn the basics of programming and program a microcontroller to control motors, LEDs, fans, servos and more.
• Immerse yourself in the basics of mechanical and electrical engineering, and learn how to use basic circuits.
• Experiment with different types of circuits to learn how robots interpret inputs from sensors and human commands.
Goals and Objectives
As a result of instruction, homework, hands-on instructor guided construction of an autonomous, mobile robotics platform, students will be able to:
- Build basic electronic circuits using a solderless breadboard, wire strippers, pliers and components.
- Construct a power supply to convert 9 volts to 5 volts.
- Make a pin ‘flash’ – (digital output)
- Measure analog inputs – (Voltage divider with variable resistors incl. light, heat, pressure)
- Use a button to control output behaviors
- Program binary counters and read and decipher binary numbers.
- Create code and build circuits that enable robots to make music.
- Create code to produce ‘Analog Outputs’ – (Fade/PWM for motor speed control)
- Create code and build circuits to enable their Arduino controller to operate H-Bridge motor controller.
- Construct a two-wheeled independent gear box from a kit.
- Create code and build circuits that will enable robots to navigate by dead reckoning. (Dance)
- Develop a basic understanding of electronics and the integration of computer code.
- Creating App with Android to allow student to control their Robot without the need to Program
- Kit come with 1 set of 3D Printed Part for Robot, so wire will be cover
- 5 hours of short workshop allow your kids have great learning experience, we welcome parent to join us with additional charges
Course fees stated is as per person fees